Mythbusting the Punt

  At the bottom of most wine bottles, you’ll find an indentation which if you want to get technical is called a "punt". There are many theories on the origin / purpose of the punt. The most common (and most likely) explanation, is that back in the day when wine bottles were hand blown, the bottom of the bottle would be left with a sharp point, or "pontil mark". Therefore many a homeowner would be…

Read More